As a delivery expert, DPDgroup connects closely to local communities on a daily-basis - we have a unique opportunity to support the communities in which we work.
DPDgroup employees are able to put forward local projects that are important to them.
Our committed people offer voluntarily their time, skills and resources to support communities and grow together.
Our ambition is to make a positive contribution to the communities we are the closest to.
2017 key figures
- New actions identified by employees in BUs allowed us to support 96 community initiatives.
- 100% of Business Units had Closer Community initiatives
- Around 50% of the initiatives carried out last year have been renewed in 2017
- Solidarity transport: Using our delivery and logistic expertise to support local initiatives
- Employee commitment: Sharing our time, passion and skills to back local communities
Sharing our time, passion and skills to support communities.
Beyond endorsing social causes, DPD Czech Republic also encourages employee volunteerism and allows workers to have their say regarding the company’s contribution to society.
In September 2017, DPD Ireland began a partnership with Seetec, an organisation that supports underprivileged people in finding work by providing them with employability advice and guidance. Through this initiative, DPD Ireland offers work opportunities and placements to people who are receiving government welfare support.